There is a landslide of digital marketing trends that threaten to bury you alive if you are not careful. You won’t be successful if you try to do them all. We went through our lion’s share of marketing forecasts to bring you the hottest of the hot. One thing is for sure, if you are not aware of this you will get eaten up in 2015.
Stay Alive with these 7 Digital Marketing Trends. Dream with us.
- Lines between what is a brand and what is a publisher are blurring. This even goes so far as not only paying for media, but owning your own media outlet to boost content consumption. Sponsored content will continue to reinforce its place within the sharing economy.
- Vibrant storytelling tactics to engage and enrich our audiences will be threaded throughout our content to create lasting bonds. Less marketing speak, more humor, and the constant application around the idea of solving not selling. How we tell the story will include video, audio, gamification, virtual reality, learning management systems, you name it.
- Doing more with less will force us to turn to reliable automation tools. These emerging and staple blogging tools will help us do things faster, better, and smarter. They will allow us to expand our reach, impact and skill set to reach our yearend goal lines. The data within them proving their viability all the way.
- Humanization of digital marketing will further enhance the customer journey. There will no longer just be a hand-off between marketing and sales or the social media team and customer service. Instead we will see their hands locked, united together to deliver a resounding customer experience.
- Micro-analytics will allow us to go deeper into the why and how people interact with our brand in the digital frontier. This optimization will allow the content to pivot as the user experience and interacts with it realtime.
- Mobilization of marketing to its extreme means we are not just in the hands of target audience we are prominent part of their everyday wardrobe. Wearable devices will cause a major shift in how our market identifies and how customers engage with our brand from moment to moment. Now, isn’t that a mind blower?
- Marketing integration from real world to virtual. Further smoothing of the cracks and shrinking up the gaps that exist. Strengthening our entire plan to blend channels in a way that deepens customer engagement. Consider event promotions and gamification opportunities to play together. Hmmmm.
As you construct your winning plan for 2015, make sure you take into account one or more of these digital marketing trends. You want to handpick the strategies that fit best with your overall objectives for the year. Those that best integrate into your existing structure, but that force you to stretch a bit out of your comfort zone.
What ever you consider right now affects these trends for all of us going forward. If you had to pick one of these digital marketing trends right now, which would it be? Add to the comments below.
Don’t forget, those that hesitate get eaten or end up extinct. Be a carnivore.