Yes, I know it’s painful, but let’s discuss the 5 SEO Trends you can’t ignore. SEO is a moving target that exhausts even the best content professionals. But if you don’t pay attention, you are liable to get an arrow in the back.
The rules of engagement change as soon as you learn them when it comes to getting your site ranked. The good news is that blogging continues to be a champion search engine driver. Hooray! Now for what to pay attention to as you run your 2015 digital marketing plans.
Don’t turn your back on these SEO Trends
1. Content Marketing has been the crown jewel of search engine optimization, yet it’s now taking over to be the entire crown forcing SEO into a smaller ornamental role according to Forbes. As the Internet overseers seek to evolve away from user experiences into human experiences, they reward those who follow with search engine rankings that make you shine. Therefore, one can no longer generate content willy-nilly. That is a waste. Content marketing strategies are a must to leverage your efforts fully.
2. Hard-earned credible links, mentions and shares spanning the web through meaty content that is actively recognized by the right audience segment and key influencers is the pinnacle of achievements when it comes to authentic SEO. The old days of slimy, spammy “black hat” practices need to stay in the dark ages. In fact these poor actions are now relentlessly being punished dooming sites to the dungeons of search results. Google demands genuine content that has real value. You have to put in the work; no short cuts allowed.
3. The devices living 24×7 in your audience’s hands can no longer be a second thought. Is your site or blog compliant? Check yours at this Mobile Testing Tool from Google. Having this tag will push up your page ranking. Don’t forget to also consider how this affects keyword search. Once again, consider the human experience side. With voice searches playing a powerful role in mobile devices long-tail keywords searches become intent driven and more conversational. The fact is long-tail keywords boast higher relevancy and convert faster.
4. With everyone online their are growing concerns about security. In answer, search engines work towards giving a higher ranking to https:// sites. What the audience wants they get. They want to feel safe on the sites they choose to frequent. You can get ahead of the curve by transitioning this tidbit for your SEO.
5. Hootsuite shares with us that social media engagement is a clear signal for relevancy. Keeping the pulse on the latest innovations in these channels is imperative to healthy SEO practices. Videos carry larger meaning as Facebook and Twitter continue to evolve their communities. Meanwhile, keep an eye on Facebook’s new newsfeed and Twitter’s new search engine. These will be sure to further affect your SEO strategy in 2015.
This intel on SEO trends should get you going, but the fact is if we re-look at it in just three short months it will change once again. The best course is to stay on your toes poised to pivot and take off again and then at all times remain flexible and curious. We love search engines because they keep getting better, which means it is our job to keep up.
BONUS: Personalization is another SEO trend growing rapidly, tell us what you are seeing.