With over 30,000 WordPress plugins to choose from deciding which you need most for your blog is not something you can afford to take lightly. The important part of that sentence is YOU. The plugins you incorporate are a direct reflection of your blog’s brand and desired reader experience.
Many bloggers make the mistake of scrolling threw the top 10 WordPress plugin list articles out there and then just plugin away. Your plugins are many times left out of the strategic thought process required to make your blog’s usability and impact meaningful. What I want to give you is some insight to get you thinking a bit differently about the plugins you employ.
4 WORDPRESS PLUGINS PERSPECTIVE POINTS
- BRAND PERSONA: Make sure the plugins make sense to the character of your site you wish to portray. Meaning if you are simply a communicator giving great content don’t put a bunch of pop-up plugins that needlessly interrupt the readers experience.
- EXPERIENCE: Don’t add something on just because of the cool factor. Meaning if it doesn’t provide value to your readers or to you then why are you doing it? Obviously the best plugins are useful to both.
- USABILITY: Choose your plugins wisely. Meaning be careful with how well plugins are coded and if they are playing nice with one another. Believe it or not you can add more plugins than you’d think possible. Some blogs run 50 plus plugins.
- CURRENT: Stale blog environments do nothing for you or your readers. Meaning new plugins are coming out all the time. You don’t want your blog stuck in the dark ages. Keep checking in and update your blog’s plugins.
This is a simple approach, however you’d be surprised about how little time bloggers put into the foundational work of choosing the right plugins. Not a great idea considering how long it can take to get them working correctly, as well as what they mean to the entire outlay and success of your blog. Within the four-walls of your blog you want to be impeccable. Don’t let your approach to WordPress plugins slide.
To further your plugin endeavor here are a few more resources. Enjoy!
WPbeginner.com offers a great blog on how to choose the best WordPress plugin. This will give you great insights on searching for the right plugin and comparing one plugin to another.
MY OWN TOP 11 WORDPRESS PLUGINS LIST
Some of this in my book are must haves, while others just spice things up a bit on your blog. Remember though, none of this matters if you haven’t done the 4 WordPress Plugins Perspective Points.
- Editorial Calendar
- Social Share Buttons
- Video Display
- Broken Link Checker
- Contact Form
- Search Engine Optimization
- Load Speed Up
- Spam Filter
- Comment Tool
- Tweet Past Post
- Better Link Creation
Please take a moment to share with us the WordPress Plugins you are particularly fond of and why.