Happy Holidays! In the spirit of giving, we wanted to give you the big list of how to give your blog to your target market. We’ve all heard the saying “If you build it, they will come.” Here at achiVi, we disagree. If you build it, and then share it, and keep sharing, they will come. The point is, you need to be out there giving your content to people and we are going to show you where you can do exactly that.
1. Your Email List
Make sure your blog visitors have a place to sign up to hear about your newest articles and make sure they get your follow up emails.
2. Third Party Distributors
Third party distributors are services and websites that will share your article with others on their own.
- SlideShare (redo as a presentation)
- iTunes (record as podcast)
- Visual.ly (redo as Infographic)
3. Social Media
We put together the top social media sites for you to share through.
4. Link Outreach
Link outreach is either sharing your content with bloggers and websites prominent in your space because you think it would be valuable to their readers and/or customers.
- Search for your keywords and send a message to the top 10 sites relevant to your article.
- If you find a blog that you think your newest article could contribute to, leave a description and link in a comment.
5. Niche Communities
Niche Communities are communities centered on specific topics. We put together a few examples, but you will probably have to find your communities for yourself.
- Hacker News (Tech/Politics)
- LinkedIn Groups
- Google+ Communities
- Where else does your community gather?
6. Paid Ads
- Search Engine Ads (Google/Bing)
- Social Media Ads (Twitter/Facebook)
- Linked Articles (Outbrain/Taboola)
7. Answering Relevant Questions
8. Public Relations
If you are announcing something newsworthy, reach out to:
- News blogs
- TV Networks
- Put it on the wire
9. Additional Marketing Channels
There are plenty of opportunities to share your blog through your other marketing channels. Either to reference them or link them.
- Email Newsletters
- Email Signatures
- Networking Events
- Business cards
- Powerpoint Presentations
- Personal Blogs
Even though there are plenty of ways to share, your first priority is to create amazing content, and achiVi can help. Amazing content will still be the best way to grow your audience, but make sure you share it too.